Monday, May 9, 2011

One Happy Mama

   Since the other half has been away for some months now, I've found myself making events just a tad bit grander than usual.  And, of course, it didn't stop me from making my only son's 8th birthday another grand event to mark off the calendar. 
    My mother's day weekend started off on Friday night.  I, along with my good friend Katie, attended the halfway party for my husband's command.  Of course it is a little more than halfway through, but nonetheless, it was a momentous occasion.  I finally got to meet up with some girls whom were merely facebook friends, but so much fun in person.  And in the ballroom filled with mainly well dressed women, we were able to spend the night without the kids, and let loose, as us full time mommies so seldom get to do.  There was great food, great music, and GREAT drinks.  But the most anticipated moment of the night was when we were able to watch the video sent to us as a gift from our loved ones overseas.  Just getting the slightest glimpse of the man I love...sent my heart on a flutter.  The night ended, and the kids and I spent the night in the beautiful hotel.
   Saturday marked another occasion off the calendar.  My son's 8th birthday bash.  We had planned for a backyard camp out for weeks.  And 4 little guys made the party complete!  The boys enjoyed 'Galactic Pizza', 'Cheezy Sabers'-(Cheeto Puffs), 'Yoda Soda'-(Lime sherbert/lime soda), and of course cake and my very own 'Jedi ice cream sandwiches'.

Then the boys enjoyed the little Jedi lounge I made for them in the garage.  It was a 'boys only' club which included more snacks, and of course every boys favorite...Wii entertainment!
When the sun finally went down, I broke out the glow in the dark sabers and necklaces...which very quickly became the discs from the current movie Tron.  (Boys and their imaginations!)  They began battling and calling themselves 'gamers' and 'users'.




    I thought the night would finally come to an end around 10, when I had tucked all the little guys into the tent...but, boy, was I wrong!
I think my backdoor opened every 2 minutes with complaints about noises, rain, tsunamis, and acrobatic strangers who just might of jumped the fence to ruin the guy's night.  So the night actually ended around midnight, when two of the 5 boys slept in the living room.

   And, of course, my Mother's day began at exactly 6am.  The boys had all made it back into the house, and they were ready for some warm breakfast.  So I served up 5 plates of scrambled eggs, sausage, and toast...and one bowl of rice crispy cereal.  Then after much begging, the boys finally got their party bags.  Which they loved, and I just had to take a pic of the funny items they had in their bags.

  And one by one each boy left our home, to return back to their mothers and celebrate another occasion..Mother's day.  And because the day was cloudy and rainy, we, as a family, decided to hit up the much anticipated movie THOR.  And the little guy and I couldn't hold in all the excitement the summer line up of previews brought us. Because we knew that we would finally be able to enjoy them with the other man of the house.
   And my weekend ended early Sunday evening.  I was pooped! I got a surprise gift made by the little man in his art class, and a beautiful card.  And we all fell asleep on the living room couches.   And as I type here on a Monday night...both of my kids are sleeping in a tent.  They just had to give it one more good use before I take it down in the morning...who knows, I just might go join them after a quick workout.<3

No comments:

Post a Comment


Photobucket