Tuesday, May 31, 2011

♥U.D.S.♥

    Well...it has been a while since I have updated.  And lets just say that my little family has been keeping busy.  I'm finally down to counting the weeks until my husband's return.  And I must say that this deployment has flown by rather quickly.  The only problem is...now my weeks seem to be dragging.  So of course, that means that I try to keep the kids occupied, and try to stay out of the house.  The weather has been helping.  The sun and the heat are finally out...and we've been keeping busy at the beach and the pool.  I will update with pictures soon.
    On another note, I recently started up on my 5 week of Insanity.  The results are good, and the first day of my second month workout was rather 'KICK ASS!'  It is no longer a 40 minute workout, but now an hour long workout.  And it is crazy...INSANE.  I've finally reached my ULTIMATE GOAL.  And I can finally put on blast some of my numbers.  I will say that 3 1/2 years ago I started my journey of working out.  I started at the weight of 189.  I mean it just sneaks up on you, after having a couple of kids, and being out of work for a few years...you tend to lose yourself.  Everything revolves around being a mommy and wifey.  Everyone's needs and wants on the list always seem to come before your own.  So its only natural that I put myself last. With the help of my honey, and some of his NAVY PRT exercises I began a rigorous workout.  I began a new diet, and dropped out all my sugar drinks and stuck to just water.  And I began to run.  My first run was only one lap around the track, but through all the shin splints and soreness, I stuck through it.  It has take a few years, but I'm proud to say that I'm in the best shape of my life.  When once I could barely run a lap around the track, I'm now running 5-7 miles a day. 
    Throughout this journey, I've set small goals.  And every time I would reach that goal, I would just make up a new one.  And, well, my ultimate goal was to weigh in at 115.  And, this past week, I finally reached it!  I have NEVER been this tiny.  And I  NEVER thought that I would get into a size 3/4, but I did.  And now I'm just dedicated to staying healthy and helping others who need advice. 
    Although I am smaller in size, I have never changed inside.  I'm still me.  My little sister and I joke about me having the 'ugly duckling syndrome'...and if you ever saw the movie SHALLOW HAL, you know what we're talking about.  But in other words...it basically means that I was born an 'ugly duckling'. ( I mean I was always told I was cute), but in the end the 'ugly duckling' turns into a beautiful swan.  And because I was a timid tomboy, I never thought I was 'hot stuff'.  So I never had the attitude that many of the 'snobby', 'young', 'always beautiful', 'I can eat anything and everything and never gain a pound' girls tend to have.  I'm still me!
    So my advice to anyone out there that is starting on a new weight loss journey:  Stick to it, take it slow, and go one day at a time.  Don't get discouraged when you don't see the results you want in a week.  Don't EVER believe the magazine ads, and late night infomercials that have you thinking you can lose 30lbs in 2 weeks.  It has taken me over 3 years, and I'm still sticking to it.  If you take your time, you will learn to love the workout routine, and it will become part of your lifestyle.  And, please, stay true to yourself.  Instead of making others feel bad about themselves, give helpful hints...encourage other women and just be YOU. 

                                  



1 comment:

  1. Good for you Delilah. I actually got a running buddy today, so I will finally be on my way to an active lifestyle again!

    ReplyDelete


Photobucket