Thursday, May 5, 2011

♥ I Love Being A Girl...

   


     Well...after a long, almost two weeks, of INSANE workouts (including my regular running routine), I was a bit exhausted and ready to get my pretty on! And, together, my little girl and I decided to get our first pedicures.  I must say, that I have just recently found my 'Inner Girl' mode, and I do believe that I owe it all to my little diva.  She is more of a girly girl than I have ever been.  I have no idea where she gets it from, because as far as I can remember...I have always been tough as nails.  And for the three years that I had with my son, alone, i was just so use to telling him to 'toughen up' and 'shake it off'.  But the day that I had my little girl...things changed.  I had always hated the color pink, but since I was living with my two favorite guys...I was just so ready to bust out of the red and black stage and color my walls tickled pink.  I was finally so glad to even the field out with my new bundle of joy.  She is the best shopping buddy, and she has a great taste in fashion.  I can always trust her opinion in the dressing room...because it is true...little kids will always tell you the truth.  So I take full advantage of this, because I know that sooner or later the teen years will creep up on me, and I dread the day that she will no longer want my opinion or say in any matter.
    And now that she is a little bigger, I can easily take her out for girl outings...which I have been making a little more often.  My husband asked me today..."why are you trying to get all dolled up?",  "What is the occasion?"   The occasion is simply...celebrating my womanhood with my little girl!  What else reason can I give.  So no matter how crazy I think she looks when she walks down the stairs in full makeup and princess attire. Or how funny she sounds when she asks her coach "Where did you get your shoes?...I love them." when she goes up to bat...I am so proud and blessed to have a little girl of my own.  One, who no matter what I like, or think, already has a mind of her own at the age of 4.  It just proves to me that she will be a strong minded little lady.  I just hope that this all doesn't come back to nip me in the butt when she hits 16! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment


Photobucket