Monday, April 25, 2011

Great Spring Break!

   Well...its Monday.  And I must say I'm probably the only one alive loving this day of the week.  Although it has been a great spring break, and we have done plenty as a family, I'm just ready to send my kid back to school and get back into routine!
    I made sure that spring break was filled with plenty of activities to keep my kids busy.  We enjoyed watching two movies during this break.  I took my son to a movie of his choice...SCREAM 4.  (Can you believe that I was actually 12/13 when the first movie came out?) But this was his choice, and I must say that I will not be buying the DVD.  Then later during a rainy/story day, we enjoyed the movie RIO.  This movie was a must see...it was filled with great music and comedy.  We love going to the movies, and we especially like to see the previews to movies that we plan on taking daddy to when he returns.



    Also, my good girlfriend had the idea to take the kids to the fire station.  I had some thoughts that it might be a little boring, but I was completely wrong.  It was exciting.  We got our own personal tour of the fire station, and firetrucks.  These firefighters seem to love getting little ones in the station to teach them all kinds of things.  Needless to say we had a great time, I would totally recommend a tour to any family.  Big thanks to Melissa and all the firefighters in Fire station 4!
    We ended our spring break on Easter Sunday!  We invited our buddies Kate and Braden over for some Easter lunch and of course an Easter egg hunt in the backyard.  We enjoyed plenty of food...thanks to Chef Kate, and tons of candy.  I am so grateful to have a great friend to keep me company while my hubby is gone.  And, of course, I plan on returning the favor when her hubby deploys soon. <3

   

   We have been slacking in the reading department...due in large part to my loving interest in Water for Elephants.  But I do plan on getting back to our books tonight.  As well as all of that I plan on making all of my remaining nights INSANE...with my INSANITY workouts.  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Photobucket