Thursday, March 24, 2011

♥Just A Little Sick♥

     I always seemed to be in such a rush to move out of my childhood home, and run free in the field of flowers known as life.  But as I've grown into an adult and started a family of my own, I'm having some remorse of how quickly that time came to be.

     As a navy brat, I never really had just one childhood home.  My father's career choice had us moving to a new state and home about every 4 years.  But that really doesn't make it anymore or less of a home to me.  Because Home of course is where your family is.  Now, as a Navy wife, we find ourselves stationed at a duty station that is very familiar to me.  Because I spent a significant part of my life growing up here.  And yet, every now and then on my drive home from the gym, I find myself turning left on Inlet Avenue.  Just to take a drive down memory lane.  Of course my family is no longer living in this home, but I just like to see what the new homeowners have done with the place I use to call home.  And I'm shocked to know that they've turned a once nice red brick house into an odd white brick home.  (But that's just my opinion.)  And my kids, who are in the back seat just love to ask questions about my childhood, and they stare out the window as if passing by an exhibit in a museum.
     So here I sit, on this gloomy, cold, rainy day just reminiscing about past memories I shared with my brother and sisters.  Some good and some bad, but nonetheless great memories that I cherish everyday.  And I find myself homesick.  Yes, me, a wife, mother, adult and yet still very homesick.  What I would do  just to sit back and enjoy another warm meal made by my mother.  Or dance to a tejano tune with my father.  And yes maybe even share a few laughs with my sisters and brother, of whom I was so set on leaving behind as a free 18 year old 'TEENAGER'.  My father warned me of this feeling.  But of course, as a young teenager, I always brushed that aside and told him otherwise.  Ugh.  Tonta. 
     Knowing my feelings now makes me only want to give my children memorable moments to share as a family, so that one day they can feel the same way.  And of course they will always know that, although the road trip may be a little long, and stuffy it will always lead to the same place...HOME. <3

   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment


Photobucket