Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thrifty Thursday Finds


     Okay.  I have found that I am turning in to my mother more and more each day.  I have become obsessed with DIY projects, and also very obsessed with Thrift Stores!!  Although my husband, would not like to join me on these escapades...I'm totally planning on bringing him on these trips with me when he returns.  I think as I've grown, that my taste in decor has changed.  I'm totally in love with shabby chic/country cottage right now.  And I will never pass up a perfectly priced antique.  On these days I wish my mother was here to join me.  ( I MISS TEXAS.)  I made a few trips to some local thrift stores just to see what I could find.  Although I didn't see any big ticket items...I did pick up a few things.  And Adrianna found some items as well.
I'm in love with these jars I got for $3.00 together.  I've been seeing them in many of my favorite home magazines.  And I've been trying to add plenty to organize our pantry and make things a little more accessible for my little monsters.  I will be adding chalk board labels when I receive them in the mail!

Adrianna has been growing A LOT!  And I've been noticing that she is too tall for her old baby doll stroller.  So I was surprised when she found this doll stroller at the thrift store for only $3.00.  And it was just the right size for her tall frame, now she doesn't need to hunch over like Quasimodo when she is taking out her dolls for a walk.  But I think she enjoyed taking 'Papi' for a walk more.

And she also couldn't pass up this Barbie cruiser for $.99.  She said she needed a vehicle for her boys (who don't like to ride in her hot pink barbie convertible)!
All in all, an okay day at the thrift store.

Still on my List:
  • entry bench (for shoes)
  • antique dresser (in need of makeover)
  • cubbies (for everyday organization)
  • Old frames/mirrors
  • and more jars (for my kitchen)


1 comment:

  1. I have one of those entry benches, but I think I got in in Japan. The boys used to sit to put their shoes on, but now they put shoes on it and under it. Ugh?? lol

    ReplyDelete


Photobucket