Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wednesday Wish list!!

   So as you know, by my recent post, I'm in love with decor!!  And I'm currently racking up the new items I will add for my master bedroom makeover.  I'm taking it slow, because my husband isn't due to be back for a while...and also because all the things I want are a little costly.  So on my budget, I tend to by a little at a time, then I'll put it all together in the end.  But the color choice I have picked might be a little irritating to my husband.  But, lets face it, he'll be soooo in love with me when he returns, that I highly doubt he'll nag me for my color choice!!  We've got dark wood furniture.  And right now my bedding is a sage green.  It is looking a little too dark.  So I'm definitely in love with a touch of pink!  And these rooms have me making my lists and preparations.
I will not be using a lot of pink, but I thought this room looked quite heavenly.

(Country Living)
(UrbanOutfitters)
This duvet cover by Urban Outfitters is on my list.  With all the dark furniture.  I thought that this would lighten up the feeling.  I think that this blush color will give my room a little bit more of a romantic, cozy feel.  I just hope hubby doesn't think its too much.
(Love of Family & Home)

    Also, earlier this week, I won this beautiful pillow.  It will fit perfectly with my new theme.  These pillows are wonderful.  They are done by a mother/daughter duo.  They just opened up their Etsy store, and I was the lucky one to win this for their first contest.  Feel free to stop by their blog, they have a lot of beautiful ideas for any home. http://loveoffamilyandhome.blogspot.com/2011/02/new-items-in-etsy-shop-giveaway.html  The link for their shop is on their blog page.

And I've also decided that I will add white to the bedroom, with some great accessories.  Currently I'm painting old picture frames, and canvases to match.
(Target Pillow: LOVE)

Painted canvas done by me. (11 & 34 are our numbers).

And I found these frames at Michael's Arts and Crafts for $.50 each...what a steal!
Can't wait to get this room done!! Stay tuned for more finds for my bedroom makeover. <3



1 comment:

  1. OMG on the duvet and paintings! I've been dying to find a flattering skirt similar to that cover. And I didn't know you sketched. Your paintings are awesome blossom.

    ReplyDelete


Photobucket