Thursday, March 31, 2011

When It Rains...It Pours.

  Well its raining here, again, like the third day in a row.  And I've been somewhat frustrated with having to stay indoors and look at the rain run down my windowpane.  On top of this 'cabin fever' I've been experiencing, my other half and I have had our first deployment argument.  It only took us 3 months to finally reach this point. 
  It came to me at a surprise, since lately all we have been doing is sending millions of 'I love you's' and 'miss you's', and talking  more intimately then usual. (It happens when you are apart for this long.)
But I must say that, it was me that initiated the argument, and it only boiled my blood more, when I couldn't actually 'Yell' at him, but had to send all of my frustrations to him in texts!  And, of course, it only added more fuel to the fire when the delayed texts were coming into my phone, and were beginning to make no sense at all.
   So that's when I decided to step away from the phone for a few minutes to collect my thoughts.  And I began looking through the computer for some much needed rainy day images.  And it had me thinking of a rainy day oil painting that use to hang in the hallway of my childhood home.  I don't have the picture of it, but I can remember the painting so vividly.  And I sat here for a few minutes trying to think of a way to ask my mother if I could have it.  But the painting has rain falling from the sky, and what I can remember a number of little girls dressed in pastel raincoats, and matching umbrellas.  And I do believe that they all had smiles on their faces.
    So with that image in my mind, I took a few breathes, and felt a calm flow through my veins.  And at that moment my phone rang.  Of course, it was the Mister.  Needless to say, he was a little flustered, and confused.  But what caught my ear, was that he was more worried about satisfying my feelings, and getting me into my 'happy place'.  Of course, I was already over what had worked me up, but just hearing his voice, and getting whatever off of my chest tranquilized my mood even more. 
   But, even more, his words..."Don't stop loving me" went through my heart like a dagger.  I had never heard him say this before.  It made me realize that, even though he is on the other side of the world, that he would think or even be concerned that I would just 'stop loving him' over something so minuscule, and no more than a miscommunication error.  And those words, alone, dropped the whole argument.  I was done.  Did I really want him thinking irrationally during this, already difficult separation?
   So, with a few I'm sorries and I love yous we ended the phone call.  And a few texts later, we are back to our lovey dovey communications.  And ironically the rain has stopped...but it doesn't look like it will be going away anytime soon.  But as long as my tiny dilemmas have some resolution...I'm good.  Now as I sit here typing, I look to my kitchen, and hope that this rainy, cloudy, windy day might blow some good fortune along my way.........Like maybe... Mary Poppins?  I can sure use a 'spoon full of sugar' right about now. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment


Photobucket