Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Operation Kid Comfort

    This past weekend I was just playing with my computer and checking out some new blogs, when I came across this  site.  It was a story about a group of women that get together and make quilts for children who have parents that are deployed.  When I called their number, the lady informed me of the phone number to the main company that would help me out.  The actual website was Armed Services YMCA.  And they referred to their quilt making as: Operation Kid Comfort.
    On the website   you will be directed to a OKC request form.  All you need to do from there is just follow the steps, and upload whatever pictures you would like to have on the quilt.  All the pictures must include your child or family together with the deployed parent, but they don't have to have him in uniform.  And each child 7 and under will get a quilt with 9 photos, and older children will get a pillow case with 7 photos. 
    And the best part is: IT IS ALL FREE!  These people do this out of their heart.  I didn't even have to pay for postage.  And I was able to send in 9 of my favorite photos with Adrianna and her daddy, and 9 DIFFERENT photos of Gavin with his daddy. 
    The lady did inform me that it would probably arrive in 2 months.  Which should be around the midway point of this deployment.  So I think it will be extra special for my kids.  Big THANK YOU to Operation Kid Comfort for all they do.  And I can't wait until my children receive their surprise! <3

   Here is the link: http://www.asymca.org/what-we-do-3/national-programs-services/operation-kid-comfort/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this. Im so gonna do it! It will be good for the kids while he is in hawaii.

    ReplyDelete


Photobucket