Thursday, February 24, 2011

When I Get Going...

    I can't seem to stop.  Well since I've been pretty bored throughout my days, I've had the urge to redecorate!  And I love interior design (something I should of pursued a while ago).  And although I miss my hubby dearly, it seems that I can get away with redecorating without him bugging me, or rejecting my need to spend on lovely new items!  Any who, I was up all night on my computer last night, and I got to checking around on Craigslist.  My daughter has been needing an upgrade on a bed, and the bed I wanted for her was at the NEX for $300.00 not including the mattress and box spring.  But last night I found said bed for $175 including a brand new mattress and box spring!! Hallelujah!!  It was a sign...I was destined to redo my daughter's bedroom.  So that's how I spent my day.

BEFORE
She definitely needed an upgrade from a toddler bed.  *Her sheets are in the washer...do to an accident.  Oh and forgive the ugly mess, that's clean compared to the usual.
AFTER

Her bed is awesome, and she loves it.  It is pretty high, so she needs to use her little white step stool.  But all in all, it was worth every penny!  Oh and on a side note, thank you to Shelly, who also hooked us up with a box of free books that her kids were 'too old' for.
    As for her toddler bed...it was taken apart and put into the garage, but I found some good use of her toddler mattress...
It made for a great reading corner under my favorite IKEA leaf we bought a few years ago.  And, might I add, that all her canvas art was done by yours truly.

And while I was upstairs for 6 hours doing this wonderful redo.  I found that my daughter was having much fun decorating our little chihuahua, 'Papi'.


*Although, I don't think he seemed to be having much fun!<3
Now hurry fast payday...I've got a master bedroom ready for some new style.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Photobucket