Monday, February 7, 2011

What Have I Become??!

    My heart has always belonged to my beloved state of Texas!  Everything I have known and loved had always seemed to take me back home.  The alarm of roosters waking me in the daylight, long dirt roads, the sound of tejano and the smell of eggs with chorizo almost every Sunday morning seem to be some of my fondest memories.  I have always stuck by my good ol' roots!

   Something strange seems to be taking over me.   I think I'll blame it on me pining for my husband to be home.  Lately I feel as though I've gone from a sporty, tejano dancing queen to a tough, country line dancing, camo wearing, truck driving, football watching kinda girl.  What have I become?!  Normally, as a family, we will drive together and fight over what radio station to listen to.  Of course he lets me have my way almost ALL THE TIME.  And I would never put up to listening to honky tonk with the windows down. (Especially not where I live!)  And the sound of him cheering for the Green Bay Packers just always seemed to get under my skin.  Even my children are caught in the middle.  Some days I even need to fight with my son over which team to support on football Sunday.  But he always seems to side with his father.
   Thank God for my little girl...who always seems to take after her mama!!  She is always ready to sport her Dallas Cowboy jersey.  And she even tries to speak Spanish, even though it always seems to come out as some nicely accented gibberish. 

   Last night had me questioning my actions for the past week.  As I sat in front of our big screen TV, I found myself rooting for the other team!?  I was actually cheering for the GreenBay Packers.  And it got me thinking about the prior week.  And what I had been doing that was a little out of the ordinary. 

   Monday I hit the gym, as I always tend to do.  After the gym, I came home to shower, and saw that I had only 15 minutes until I needed to pick up my son at school.  So instead of spending 45 minutes drying and fixing my hair, I grabbed my husband's brown Carhart Trucker hat!  I should of known something was up, when my son didn't hesitate to ask me, "Mom.  Why are you wearing that hat?"  I told him it was because I had to put something on my head.  Then he replied, "Well, you look like Snooki!"....UGH!  Then Wednesday, I found myself riding in my husband's F-150.  Which is not that different...however, what I was listening to was.  I recall myself listening to Miranda Lambert, and knowing and singing along to all the words!!  And to top it off....I was doing all of this with the windows DOWN.  And of course, last night seemed to be the icing on the "honky Tonk" cake.  On a night that I should of been watching the Kardashians, or Real Housewives,  I found myself elbow deep in a bowl of popcorn and tuned into the Superbowl.  I have always been very sporty, but I never seemed interested in televised sports.  Especially those playing for the OTHER team!  All in all, it was one week that was a little off beat for me.  But probably my husband's one fantasy come true.  So here's to you my beloved camo wearing, country listening, football watching hubby.  Although we are apart, right now, it seems that there is a little bit of you that I unknowingly carry along with me. <3

1 comment:

  1. My husband is just the same. Country boy from OK.
    He LOVES to hunt, wears that sexy Carhartt jacket of his, and works on cars!
    Doesn't own a truck though... the one thing that's missing. lol
    Cute picture of the kiddos!!!

    ReplyDelete


Photobucket